On the practical side:
Contemporary glass-ceramic tiles are completely waterproof, resistant to shock, can withstand wear, wide temperature differentials, bacteria and microorganisms. An important advantage of glass-ceramic tiles over other decorative materials is their resistance to chemicals and cleaning solutions, which makes them extremely easy to maintain and at the same time the tiles’ multiple color schemes last indefinitely.
For all these reasons glass-ceramic tiles are perfect for wet or highly humid areas. Increasingly, they are also being used for covering more diverse surfaces:
• SPAs, balneological and wellness centers, hairdressing studios, medical centers
• Hotels, casinos, restaurants, clubs and bars, cafes and office buildings
• Lobbies, hallways, winter gardens, kitchens, bathrooms
• Stairways, skirting boards, edges, arches, coves, fireplaces, massage beds, benches
• Fountains, water cascades and mirrors
• Company names, logos and slogans
• Picture frames, window frames, doors
• Vases, flower pots, coffee tables, light fixtures
• Building facades
These ever expanding uses, as well as many others, have led to a constantly increasing array of colors, forms, and types of glass-ceramic tiles being manufactured.
On the aesthetical side:
Mosaics are a type of decorative art. They have their roots in ancient antiquity, when artists used small rocks, ceramic or glass pieces to produce beautiful pieces of work. Nowadays, we use glass, ceramic and glass-ceramic tiles, which offer endless possibilities for mixing and matching materials and colors to form a breathtaking finished product. The popularity of this art has forced innovative designers and manufacturers to put more and more materials on pieces of paper or nets, including wood, rock, metal, glass, plastic, etc. Mosaics can be used as an accent of the design or as part of other elements of the décor. They are successfully used in diverse architectural styles in combination with different materials-tile, rock, wood, decorative stuccos. The stylish presence of mosaics in interior design speaks for a sophisticated taste and class.